Thursday, May 6, 2010

It's Official





Grades came out. I'm graduated!

I walked, JJ was able to come! His parents and Jaime came, too.

We ate dinner at Bambara.


I don't think it hit me until after I had walked that I never have to go on that campus again. I never have to take a class again to get my diploma. I never have to try to park in that ridiculous lot, nor walk into class in the freezing cold weather just to find out that my professor is sick and walk right back out. Ever.

I also realized that my life is suddenly going to become so different. I have a job set up for me in DC, which is intimidating, but exciting. I finally will live with just JJ, alone, all the time.

Last summer, when I moved to DC, I knew in the back of my mind that I was coming back to Utah (and it seemed awful). As much as I like all of my friends and family, I never thought I really fit in there. Now, as I'm leaving for good, I realize that I'm going to miss life there, as well as all of the people I know.

The adventure has already begun. Yesterday morning, I woke up at my parent's house in a room that looked like it had for months--I hadn't even started to pack. By 2:30, I was loaded in the car, sitting in the driveway, ready to go.

It took me until I got to Cedar City to realize that I will never be in the same situation in Utah ever again. I'll hopefully never live with my parents again, and only have a rental car (if any) when I'm there. How STRANGE!

As much as I love DC (and JJ), I'm kinda sad to be leaving my home -town, -state, -area.

After all, I'm a legend in Salt Lake ;)


4 comments:

Rachel said...

Congratulations! You deserve it! I can't wait to graduate. It feels like that day is never going to come. Blah.

Tab said...

Congratulations, Marika! I'm sorry that we didn't get to hang out before you left. We drive through DC to go to Perry's parents' house, so maybe we can stop and see you. That is, if we ever drive there. Perry's not too keen on thee idea of driving that far with Finn. Good luck with your move, new job, and new life. Exciting!

Joni said...

Good job Marika!! So, so happy for you. Good luck with everything. What were those things on your menu???

Brittany Anne said...

I'm excited for you guys. Let us know when you do come back to visit and keep me updated on your address. Birth announcements! It will be so good for you and JJ not to need to fly back and forth just to see each other.