Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My Meaty Man

This story was just so funny I had to tell it.

Today JJ and I decided to go to Costco and stock up on some meat. We grabbed some backpacks and off to the Metro we went! For those of you who have never lived in a big city without a car, you'd know a trip to Costco as something pretty different. We get on the Metro, go 3 stops, get on the next train, go 2 stops, get off the Metro, walk 2 blocks, then we're finally there.

So we go shopping, and, since we were there for some meat, we headed right to the back of the place. We go to the meat coolers, and I leave JJ to look for some steaks. When I look back, I see that he's struck up a conversation with a man that was very well-dressed and neatly trimmed. Hmmm....

Apparently, the conversation went a little bit like this:

"Excuse me, is this a good price on this meat?" says the stranger.
"Yeah, it looks like a pretty good deal to me." responds my husband.
"I just usually shop at a butcher's in Dupont Circle"
*Note that Dupont Circle is where most of the gay bars are located*
"Oh, yeah, well Costco generally has really high quality meat at a good price... for example, this is a USDA-Certified Prime New York, at a price that you could pay for Choice somewhere else."
Then I walk up just when the stranger says.....
"Well, I'll get them then... You look like a guy who really knows his meat!"

.......Gay guys love us.

And yes, JJ really does know his meat. As in steaks. What a dirty mind you have.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL that is awesome! Love the story!

Sandi said...

Ew!!! That is so funny. I guess JJ will just have to take that as a compliment.

Jenni D said...

Lol that's really funny!

I cut my hairs back in August but I can't wait until it's long again. I shouldn't have had her cut my hair as short as she did... Oh well! ; )

PS I didn't forget about your hat. I made it a little too big the first time and then life got really busy for a while so I need to redo it. I'll let you know when I finish it and I'll email you a picture or something.

Jenni D said...

Sorry, that last paragraph was kind of worded weird... you know what I meant though. ; )

(Sorry I posted 2 comments. I hate when I'm all excited to see 2 new comments and then I look at them and they are both from the same person. Sorry!)

Tab said...

That is the funniest thing I have seen all week! Was JJ cool or did it make him squirm?