Monday, September 21, 2009

I never said I wasn't a slacker....

So there's no need to accuse me of being one (especially you, Joni)! I'm VERY aware that it's been FOREVER since I last posted. Here is a list of the reasons why, and what I've been up to (in chronological order): CAUTION: Very long post with nearly no fun follows this warning.

1. My BFF Katie Rieske (Moravec) had her wedding reception, and I was the Maid of Honor. After that, the wedding party went to Las Vegas, where I celebrated my 22nd berfday. Thanks to Josh and Brit for the Margarita-Extra Virgin with salt, just how I like 'em, and JJ (and Mish) for the dinner at Le Cirque, and JJ for the Cirque Du Soleil show, Mystere. My birthday was fantastic. I'm thinking that I should probably write a different post about that trip. We'll see.

2. I started school (again). I have only 2 actual classes this semester, although I'm getting credit for 3 (my internship, which I completed over the summer, is being graded this semester, so I can just pay for tuition for Fall, not Summer, which is the most expensive semester). Anyway, Accounting is never my favorite, and this 7:10 AM Hospitality Managerial Accounting class kicks my butt on a Monday & Wednesday morning basis.

3. JJ came into town for a work trip, so I don't waste time with things like silly blogger.

4. My Uncle Tom passed away. He was really sick, so it's good that he isn't suffering anymore, but it was a very sad/stressful time (I was the funeral planner. Micia, who usually plans everyting, has moved to Las Vegas, Mikkel is too busy with her job/dogs and didn't really want to do anything, my mom was still in Cambodia, my dad is way too busy/has no idea what to choose, and my Gramma seemingly didn't have an opinion, until after decisions had been made and contracts had been signed) ANYWAY... I have to give a shout out here to Ron Christensen at Larkin Mortuary, he was super helpful and didn't act like he was super sad, which helped.

5. My cousins and Uncle were in town, which always ends up being an adventure.

6. I'm still working on getting used to the office and all of it's little nuances.

7. My mom was back from Cambodia, and I had a lot to help her with, since she left for Michigan 2 weeks later (she's there now).

8. JJ was able to stay for the funeral, which kept me busy with him even longer.

9. I went to Blanding for a day with my mom and dad. It was fun, but not a very long visit.

10. My iPhone got stolen. I was really really scared that my identity would get stolen, as well, because my phone had access to my email without having to type in a password, which had a folder in it containing all of my names and passwords to everything. Not just most things. EVERY THING I've ever had access to on the internet. I had also texted JJ my SSN that same day, because we were applying for a car loan. Yes, I'm an idiot. Don't worry, I've made changes. I was luckily up for an upgrade, and had to fork over $200 for a new iPhone 3GS, but I got some awesome info: My phone was stolen and the SIM Card was taken out within 10 minutes, so... the person knew about iPhones, but didn't steal my identity. That was good.

11. I was way freaking busy playing Phase 10 with Jill and Jordan. 'Til like 3 in the morning.

12. I came to DC. I'm still here as I write this post--JJ is at work. I was sent with plenty of projects from my dad, which I haven't made very large strides on. JJ's parents came down and took us to Charlottesville, Virginia (the next place we'll be living), to check out the territory. I really liked that area! It's slightly country, but mostly rock-n-roll. No, just kidding, but it IS just country enough that natives have cute accents. There is plenty of outdoor eating, shopping, and fun east-coasty "hiking"(walking in the woods, not uphill-utah-type hiking) to keep a girl happy.

13. When we went to breakfast at the BlueGrass Grill in Charlottesville (awesome smoked salmon florentine, btw), I dropped my 9-day-old iPhone into the toilet. Yes, into. I quickly turned it off and put it in a sealed container of dry rice for over 24 hours (until the camera lens dried out) and it seemed to be working fine. Until I realized that the power button wasn't working. At all. That's also the lock button on the iPhone. JJ was afraid that this was just the beginning of a very long iPhone-related-frustration/drama, so I took it to the Apple store, and, I'll admit it. They let me get a replacement phone, for just 1/3 of the original price.... $200. That may not sound like a deal, since that's what I got it for in the first place, but, when you're not up for an upgrade with AT&T, they charge you the "retail value" of the phone... or $599. UGH. Luckily, I had some birthday money, so I used that. Thanks, mom and dad. Life is hard when you're trying to save up for a house and a car and hold on to your phone (it was in my jacket pocket, but my jacket seems to be almost as disabled as the author) all at the same time.

14. My sister's little wiener dog, Milo, passed away a day after I got here. I feel really bad for her--He was her first doggie, and he was really cute, despite being a little bit slow :). I really liked watching his silly face and crazy antics. He will be missed.

K, so that's what I've been doing. No, I didn't take any pictures, I'll get better at that some day. Sorry that my life is boring as all get out right now.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

All of these are good reasons not to be blogging. I can't hate... or call you a slacker.

Joni said...

You are a very obiedient niece. Thank you for blogging. Keep up the good work. You did have great reasons for not but now that its done don't you feel better:)