Sunday, January 10, 2010

Geno's

JJ and I one time did a comparison of Pat's and Geno's Cheesesteaks when we were in Philly.

As much as I hate to admit it, JJ and I like Geno's more than we like Pat's. Don't hate us. I know that they're obnoxiously flashy...

& ethnocentric.....

but I can't help how retardedly excited I get when I'm there.
I actually DO look kinda retarded in that picture. IT WAS DANG COLD, mmmk?

In case you're unaware, Geno's was not featured in the Rocky movies, and Pat's was. Maybe we're just not celebrity enough to go there.

This was the first time we got our "steaks" to go. So I did a drive-by on the way out.

They use some crappy cut of meat that makes the sandwich taste deliciously meaty (some people like to say umami, but, come on now... it's a cheesesteak. Don't get all hoity-toity on me!). JJ and I usually order 3 whiz-wits (That's a "steak" with Cheese Whiz and onions). This time, I only ate one, as opposed to my usual 1.5, but I promised someone that I wouldn't tell who ate the other 2 (I'll give you 3 guesses!). The cheese is so gluey, which is awesome, and the onions are usually not quite cooked through. The roll has this delicious texture (that hoity-toities would say is "unctious"), it's chewier than you'd expect, but not crunchy. All in all, it makes for a great sammich!

We also got the cheese fries, and all I can say is GET THEM. If you go to Geno's, that is.

No comments: