Sunday, January 10, 2010

Christmastime


So, I've been playing hookie for, like, a long time. Therefore, I'm going to have to write a LOT to get caught up. Prepare for stimulation overload.

I just decided to go backwards, chronologically, so... there's a good chance you're reading this after you've viewed that there are about a million posts. Oh well.

I was supposed to go to DC for pretty much all of winter break, but the "blizzard" in DC totally ruined my plans. I ended up getting there 2 days late, but that's still better than nothing, I guess. JJ and I ran up to his parent's house to meet up with the rest of the family because....

This year for Christmas, JJ's parents took us all to Disney World in Orlando, FL!

I have a feeling I'm going to be a woman of few words on this post, because long-winded explanations of the rides and things we did are NEVER fun to read.

One of my favorite parks has always been Epcot. JJ's family didn't really agree, but I was glad that we got to go.

I think everyone else liked the Magic Kingdom, which is also fun.

JJ and I were just happy to be together!

I just couldn't get enough of Epcot....even though everyone else looked/seemed bored.


One of the lowlights was when we got turned away from Test Track after waiting for like 40 minutes... dang you, technical difficulties! I was obviously NOT pleased.

One of the highlights, however, was when we took hot tea on the new ride at Animal Kingdom. We had to try to hold it upright and not get it all over ourselves while riding.

PS You probably wonder why we had hot tea in Florida. It was only like 50 degrees, which is cold when you don't bring more than a sweater!

The family vacation was a success! It was good for me to get to know JJ's brother, Jordan, who returned from his mission recently. We also had a lot of good food, and I tried German food for the first time. I liked it! We're so grateful to his parents for taking us.

After Disney, we went back to JJ's parent's house. Of course, that involved a day at the outlets (no sales tax, beat that!). After shopping, we had fun bringing in the New Year at Brad & Amanda's house. They're always so nice to host get-togethers when we're there, even if "Rika" lets Addy eat too much candy.

1 comment:

Britt said...

so jealous it was that warm for you guys ;)