Friday, February 13, 2009

JJ TOOK THE JOB!!

JJ TOOK THE JOB IN DC!!!!!!!!!!

He accepted this morning, and told them he can start in Mid-May. I'm very proud of him, and excited for the opportunities that this job provides (Master's Degree, higher pay, more chance of being promoted, he'll work close to where he lives, etc.)! As in the rest of life, there are always some downfalls (2 semesters living apart is really the only real one). There are so many things to do before we leave!

I also was planning to do my internship this summer, which means that I have to find a summer internship in a hotel/bed and breakfast/restaurant/institutional culinary management, so that we can be in DC for the summer, and start our sad 2 semesters apart in fall.

If anyone has a contact that could hook me up, lemme know! I'm having a hard time even getting started--I have this fear:

DC isn't just a summer tourism place. It's a year-round tourism place. So it's not like people are generally hired for 3 months of the year.

I need to get 450 hours between May 15-Aug 25... ugh. SOMEONE HAAAAAALP! I'm willing to do just about any job in a hotel, except laundry/housekeeping. I just need something!! Please just comment/email me and I'll love you forever and like you for always :-).

No comments: