Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I Had A Really Good Day Yesterday

...despite some bad news.

I got some bad news yesterday, but that's not something I really want to blog about. Actually, I did want to blog about it, but then I took the post off, because it was potentially offensive. For those of you who were lucky enough to check my blog at like 12:35 PM, you were blessed with my ranting and raving.

I spent all day yesterday (my day off) boiling about this situation while watching crappy TV.

After that, however, I had the best talk EVER with JJ (as soon as he got home from work). We finally agreed on how we feel about the situation, which we hadn't before, and had quite the fun time laughing at how ridiculous the whole thing is, and how it's something that would only happen when completely contrived on some kind of awful British sitcom.

Following that, I decided to take a bath to go out with JJ and forget about our situation. JJ then surprised me by jumping in the bath with me (mind you, we're both not tiny people, and our bath is one of those bath/shower combos that 1 person barely fits in)... and then he got stuck! I almost peed the bath, and he got out. I'm sure it was meant to be kind of romantic, but it ended up just being way hilarious.

After that episode, I got dressed, and we headed out. We had decided to take a walk and then go to dinner. We rode the Metro to Rosslyn, then walked across the Key Bridge, down on the riverwalk, and then ended up going back up to M Street and picking a restaurant at random.

We ended up eating at a place called The Guards. It was pretty good, but they were out of both the salad and pie that I wanted. The Crab Cakes, however, were GOOOOOOD!


We then walked to the Foggy Bottom Metro stop and rode home, where I fell asleep watching a new episode of Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations.

Such a good day. I'm going to miss days like this when I go back home--8 days from today.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm glad you ended up having a good day even though it started out horrible.

JJ sounds like a stand up guy.

I would have probably peed a little too if my husband got stuck in the tub. Silly boys.

Tab said...

The craziest fight/discussion I have ever had with Perry is over a pair of shoes I loved and that he hated. It was the most ridiculous figt in the world. We compromised. I kept one shoe to remind me of that stupid fight, and I gave the other to him to blow up/burn/attack with a pair of scissors. It is now one of my favorite fights we've ever had. I'm glad your night turned out well! Anthony Bourdaine and crab cakes are always a good way to top off a good night!

Brittany Anne said...

Josh would definitely have been stuck in the tub. It was a cute romantic gesture. Who doesn't need a good laugh. Love this last week and remember absence makes the heart grow founder. It will make your relationship stronger. It's crazy how that works. The things that tear other couples apart pull the really good relationships closer together. Can't wait to see you.

Brittany Anne said...

fonder by the way, not founder. I hate typos