Saturday, July 25, 2009

Moving (Again)

The move (again) to Utah is over. Well, mostly. I found out some things that I didn't expect:

1. I have more than 50 shirts. I went to buy hangers (I decided not to trek across the country with them), and bought 5 10-packs. Not enough :-( .

2. Utah is beautiful, and I did miss the mountains.

3. The water in Utah tastes great, and runs oh-so-cold from the tap.

4. 40 hours is a LOT of time to work per week. I've worked 6.5 hours since I got here, and it's felt really really good.

5. I am a normal human who only sleeps 8 hours a day. Not 12 like I was usually trying to do in DC. I think this has something to do with going to bed when I feel tired and waking up...whenever.

6. PEOPLE NEED TO LEARN TO DRIVE. The Metro got rid of most of my travel-rage. It's back with a vengeance.

7. If someone next to me barfs on a plane/train/bus, I'm actually NOT going to throw up, as well. I thought I'd be more sensitive, but the guy next to me was throwing up the WHOLE way to SLC from Denver, and I didn't even get nauseated. Super Mario might have just saved my Panda Express.

Of course, I've learned other things, too. These are just the ones that stick out right at the moment.

I miss JJ a lot. We've gone through work trips and other things, but this is totally strange. It's really weird to go into my closet to get...whatever... and know where it is (yes, he puts all my laundry away), without having to push his shirts or suits aside to get to the shelves. It's also really weird to go out with friends and not have someone to talk to about it when I get home (and it's usually too late on the East to call him).

I'm so glad that we're now less than 3 weeks away from seeing each other! It helps that I'm with my family, so I feel horrible that he's going through this time by himself.

So what has he been up to, you ask?

Working out--two-a-days. And he'll be going to a conference soon, so it should help.

No comments: