Sunday, August 24, 2008

Crawdads, Aug 16

My family has been meaning to go fishing for crawdads for a long time, but we finally did it on Saturday Aug 16th! Mark that day in history, I think our lives have been changed--We're going to go a lot more now!


Micia's boyfriend, Stewart, brought his boat out just for fun. It was great to get out on the water, even if JJ's head got really sunburnt (it's peeling now, I swear it's not just dandruff).


JJ looks really cute on the docks :)
My dad bought some traps for us to use... This is how many were on the traps the first time we put them in. We soon learned that tying a piece of chicken to a string is actually the better plan.


Just drop the string into the water (avoiding mating bugs, ew).


Leave it for a few minutes, then pull it up (keeping in mind how awesome my mom's hat is),

AND TA-DA! Okay, it took a few pulls, but we did get a TON of them.


Boil 'em up with potatoes, corn, sausage, and spices


Dump 'em on the table (or into a box to be more sanitary)


and then comes the best part... these guys were YUMMY! and huge.


Sadly, all good things come to an end. I think we've got the next date set already, though, and I'm excited! It was so much fun.

No comments: