Friday, August 1, 2008

Honeymoon Pics Are In!

Okay, so we've had the pictures on our camera all along, but we just downloaded them right now. Here's what we were up to the week neither of us touched our cell phones:


One of the first things we did when we got to Kauai was go to a lookout point. Actually, we just decided to get in the car and drive around and follow signs, and this is where we ended up. It was fun, and there was an older couple at the top that asked to take our picture... They were funny.

This was the view from our B&B. JJ made the best choice; we even had a private balcony! It was nice and out of the way of all the major tourist-y areas, and felt like we just had a house with a person who made really disgusting breakfasts. But that wasn't the point. The point was that it was research for my future hopeful career (owning a B&B).


JJ wanted to go on a hike, so he bought me these hiking shoes before we left. I like them! I know they kinda look like water shoes, but they served the purpose.


I made JJ carry the pink bag. Tee hee!

The view from our hike was pretty cool. There was an arch and waterfalls. It was called Wai-Pu (why poo?) Falls. We chose it because the name was awesome.


There was another newlywed couple there, and we took turns taking pictures of each other--Theirs probably ended up much better. Bad form! Anyway.... The water was super cold so I didn't go all the way under, but JJ was happy.


After swimming at the falls, we got this pic on our hike back. Little did I know, the way back was AWFUL! It got warmer and more humid, we ran out of water because I kept drinking it all... and my butt was getting really sore.


I feel bad--We did a lot of eating at nice restaurants and didn't take any pictures of us while we were there. But we did get some awesome pictures at Polihale Beach State Park on the way to the airport. The surf that day was FANTASTIC! It was huge and fast. I was glad we were leaving or else JJ would have tried to brave the waves--He's a little scary-adventurous sometimes.


Awwwwwwwww. I love us.

No comments: